Mare Nostrum Resort
Health and disinfection protocol #COMEBACKSAFE
Book your ideal holiday
Reservations (+34) 922 75 75 45
GLOBAL MEASURES FOR YOUR SAFETY
Now that we can dream, discover and travel once again, it’s more important than ever to be able to do so safely and with peace of mind. We want you to be able to keep enjoying our hotels and create unforgettable experiences within their walls.
Therefore, we have created COME BACK SAFE. A set of measures that have been created by an interdepartmental team within the company and approved by safety experts. The aim is for everyone to continue to enjoy a worry-free experience at all of our destinations, from our customers to our employees and our suppliers. The health and safety of our nearest and dearest is our main priority.
The following measures follow recommendations from health and hygiene experts, healthcare authorities and the World Health Organization.
- Complete disinfection of our centres before opening. This disinfection will be carried out following the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health, while using authorised products at all times to deal with the new Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in all our facilities, at least 3 times/day.
- Cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces that could be touched by multiple people every 2 hours, such as lift buttons, staircase handrails, door handles, touch screens, public bathroom taps, reception desks, escalators, etc.
- Cleaning and disinfection of all bathrooms (both public and private) 6 times/day.
- At all facility access points, our customers will have their temperature taken via a digital, contactless thermometer.
- Installation of automatic bins with lids in different areas of our facilities, designated exclusively for tissues, hand paper towels and PPE.
- Increased air filter cleaning across all our facilities.
- Ventilation of our centres for at least 10 minutes, twice/day.
- Controlled room temperature of between 23°C and 26°C in every area possible.
- Installation of disinfection rugs at all facility access points.
- Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers placed at all our facilities.
- Signage placed in all bathrooms (both public and private) as a reminder of the importance/need to comply with proper hand hygiene.
- Obligatory compliance with safe distance measures of 1.5 metres and reorganisation of all spaces to make this achievable.
- Reorganisation and redistribution of the furniture in our restaurants, bars and communal areas, to maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres.
- Reduction of maximum capacity numbers, on the basis of indications from the healthcare authorities, at all times.
- Complete safety ensured from the airport to the hotel with authorised transfers in line with our safety criteria.
- Use of lifts/service lifts:
- Lifts can only be used by a maximum of 2 people at a time.
- A protective mask must be worn when taking the lift. The only exception to wearing a mask in our lifts is if the customers are part of the same family group.
- Before using the lifts, customers must disinfect their hands with hydroalcoholic gel.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Before returning to work, all of our employees will receive specific training on COVID-19 in order to implement the safety protocols and practices in line with the health and safety regulations.
- All our employees will have their temperature taken at the start of their working day.
- All of our employees must disinfect their hands whenever carrying out any of these activities: accessing their workstation, going to the bathroom (before and after), before and after eating, etc.
- Hotel employees will wear the following PPE: sanitary mask, FFP2 mask, protective gloves.
- Cleaning and disinfection of all shared workstations (reception, host desk, etc.) at the end of every shift.
SPECIFIC MEASURES FOR EACH COMMUNAL AREA IN THE HOTEL.
- All of our restaurants and bars will have signs indicating the maximum capacity permitted.
- The maximum number of people per table will be 10; provided that the corresponding distance between guests can be maintained.
- Card payments will be prioritised. After every card payment, the POS terminal will be disinfected before the next use.
- QR Code technology will be prioritised to make our menus available to customers.
- All reservations will be staggered so as to avoid our guests arriving at the same time and therefore facilitate the safe distance between our guests.
- Plastic covers will be available at our cloakrooms for guests to place their coats.
- In order to expose our tableware for the shortest amount of time possible, we will set tables upon guest arrival to the restaurant or bar.
- All tableware cleared away from tables will be washed in a dishwasher at temperatures exceeding 80°C.
- All table linen (tablecloths, napkins, etc.) used by guests will be bagged and placed in a designated area. This table linen will be washed mechanically at a temperature exceeding 60°C.
- Tables will be cleaned/disinfected each time guests depart.
- Our guests will not be permitted to stand or sit at the bar in our establishments.
- Protective screens will be installed at the reception desks at our hotels, which cannot guarantee a distance of 1.5 metres.
- Card payments will be prioritised. After every payment, the POS terminal must be disinfected before being used again.
- All keys will be disinfected at check-out.
- All luggage handles will be disinfected with a disinfectant wipe before being handled by our employees.
- Reduced use of linen in our rooms, as well as a reduced number of decorative items.
- Special attention will be paid to the cleaning/disinfection of walls, floors, ceilings, mirrors, windows as well as decorative and functional equipment and objects.
- Hairdryers will be made available to our guests, upon request. After use, the hairdryer will be disinfected using authorised products.
- All of our rooms will be ventilated daily, for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- The hangers in our wardrobes will be disinfected daily.
- All linen within our wardrobes will be kept in protective plastic cases.
- Cleaning trolleys will be disinfected at the end of every shift.
- Dirty bedroom laundry will be bagged before being removed from the rooms and placed in the dirty laundry trolley.
- Rooms will always be cleaned when guests are not present.
- The mini bar service will still be available to our guests, but only upon request from room service.
- Room linen will be washed mechanically at a temperature exceeding 60°C.
- Our chefs are not permitted to swap utensils that have not first been disinfected.
- All kitchen utensils must be cleaned/disinfected in a dishwasher at temperatures exceeding 80°C.
- Cleaning and disinfection of all dishes, cutlery and glassware in a dishwasher prior to the opening of our hotels.
- All of our function rooms or event areas (closed areas) must be ventilated for a minimum of 2 hours before any event.
- We will remove any potential shared use objects and/or items from our events.
- We will set maximum capacity limits in each of our spaces designated for events. These capacity limits cannot be exceeded under any circumstances.
- At the end of every event or entertainment show, we will disinfect all material used.
- Fixed maximum capacity allowed in each of our gyms and SPAs.
- All of our gyms and SPAs will be ventilated at least 3 times/day.
- All of our SPA booths will be disinfected after each treatment.
- Hairdryers will be temporarily removed from our shared changing rooms.
- Reservations will be staggered so as to avoid our guests arriving at the same time and therefore facilitate the safe distance between our guests.
All Spa linen used by guests will be bagged and placed in a designated area. This Spa linen will be washed mechanically at a temperature exceeding 60°C.
- Fixed maximum capacity allowed in each of our swimming pools.
- Prior to opening our facilities, we will clean and disinfect our swimming pool facilities.
- All surfaces that are touched frequently will be disinfected every 2 hours.
- All pool lounger areas will be arranged so as to maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres. We will inform our customers of the need to keep personal belongings in their vicinity at all times.
Health safety protocol audited by:
Hygiene and cleaning products and protocols:
Important information about COVID-19
On 14 March, Spanish Royal Decree 463/2020 approved the declaration of a state of emergency throughout Spain to tackle the public health crisis caused by the COVID-19 virus. In accordance with this decree and in order to protect the health of our customers, employees and business partners, the Mare Nostrum Resort will remain temporarily closed.
Given the exceptional nature of the situation, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this public health crisis may cause to you or your loved ones. We would also like to inform you of the measures that we have adopted in our policy for the rebooking and cancelling of bookings. We want to offer our guests total flexibility while taking the difficulty of the circumstances into account.
Current bookings – Cancellation Policy
For bookings made before 30 March 2020.
• If you have a non-refundable booking made via our website or customer service centre for a stay before 1st of July, we are giving you the option to postpone it to a later date up to 31 December 2020 at no extra charge, in a room with the same features and with the same terms and conditions. Please email the hotel at email@example.com in order to make the change.
• Guests who have made a booking with free cancellation via our website or customer service centre may cancel at any time up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival and receive a full refund.
Future bookings – Cancellation Policy
We understand that it is difficult to commit oneself to travel plans at the moment, therefore, the Mare Nostrum Resort is offering you a free cancellation cancellation policy for your next booking until 30 June. You can book now without having to worry. You can cancel your booking at any time up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival and receive a full refund.
Should we are obliged to remain closed during the dates that you have booked, we will offer you alternative accommodation of the same or superior standard at another one of our own hotels or another nearby hotel in the same city. If this isn’t possible, we will allow guests to cancel their bookings free of charge or to postpone their stay to a later date once the hotel has reopened, subject to availability and applicable rates.
If you have made your booking through an online travel agent or any other travel agent, we recommend contacting the supplier of your booking for information about their rebooking policy.
Due to the circumstances, our customer service centres may take longer than usual to respond. Please understand that our team may be dealing with other enquiries and that we will send you a satisfactory reply as soon as we possibly can.
The wellbeing and health of our guests and employees is our priority at the Mare Nostrum Resort. That is why we are rigorously complying with the guidelines laid down by the World Health Organization and the relevant authorities for the containment of the coronavirus (COVID-19) all over the world.
We are very much aware that the COVID-19 pandemic and the responses of governmental and health authorities are in a constant state of change and development. Please bear in mind that the measures contained in this document are also subject to change over time.
Safety measures at hotels in response to COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff remains our highest priority. In response to the healthcare crisis caused by COVID-19, we have taken additional health and safety measures to help keep our guests and employees safe:
- All of our facilities will be disinfected before Hotels are opened.
- We have updated our daily cleaning and disinfection protocols for all facilities. The update to these changes will increase the frequency of disinfection of rooms and communal areas, with particular emphasis on commonly-used items such as handrails, staircases, door handles, lift buttons, etc. The daily disinfection will be carried out using anti-viral products authorised by the Ministry of Health for use against COVID-19.
- Disinfectant gel will be made available and clients will be invited to use this on arrival at the Hotel reception as well as in all of our Restaurants.
- Occupancy numbers will be reduced in all of our facilities, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres at all times, between employees as well as between clients and employees.
- The entire staff will be trained on COVID-19, prevention measures and new ways of working. Specific training will be provided for all staff involved in cleaning and disinfection tasks.
- Employees will be provided with the necessary PPE to carry out their work, according to the guidelines set out by the WHO, Ministry of Health and specific Risk Assessment.
- Employees will have their temperature taken on a daily basis and no one with a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be admitted.
- Implementation of action protocols in the event of potential positive or suspected cases at our facilities. This protocol has been created in conjunction with the Medical Department of our external Prevention Service.
We will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain the top priority throughout our operations.